5 Little Known Facts About Central Park
Posted Thu, Sep 15, 2016 in Attractions
1. Central Park was America’s first landscaped park in 1867
2. The Conservatory Gardens is 6 acres and is made up of three gardens, Italian, French and English Style gardens.
3. The Delacorte Clock is made up of three tiers which includes dancing animals. It chimes every 1/2 hour from 8am – 6pm, and the music changes with the seasons.
4. The Swedish Cottage was a real school house and came over from Sweden in 1867. It is now home to parties and a marionette show.
5. The North Woods is 90 acres and was modeled after the New York State Adirondacks.